To save time, I purchased a Paleo Pizza Crust Mix and followed the directions on the back. (It took about 3 minutes to prep and about 9 minutes to bake. The only additional ingredients it required was pink salt and purified water.)
I used organic spaghetti sauce for my pizza sauce, and it worked great! I used half of a jar of it. Here is a great kind you can try.
1 1/2 cups of shredded grass-fed cheese. I used a type called Alexandria, which I purchased from my local farmer. It reminds me of a mixture of Monterey Jack and Mozzarella.
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup diced yellow bell pepper
1/3 cup diced orange bell pepper
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
1 diced roma tomato
1 package (five links) of pre-cooked chicken sausage ( Be sure to buy organic and 100% range-free chicken when possible.)
Dash of parsley
Dash of basil
Dash of pink salt
Dash of garlic salt
- Bake the crust. Follow the directions on the package. (It is important to bake it on a piece of unbleached parchment paper so that the crust will not stick. In addition, I baked mine on a pre-heated baking stone.)
- Spread the organic spaghetti sauce all over the crust.
- Top with 1 cup of cheese.
- Top with all the diced vegetables.
- Top with sliced chicken sausage.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the toppings.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove pizza from the oven and sprinkle the seasonings. Let it cool, then enjoy!
*This makes a medium-sized pizza with eight slices.
*Be creative! You can interchange the toppings and/or the amounts you use.
*The total time for me to make this meal was under 30 minutes.